K. Lindsay Rakers
From a young age, Lindsay found herself drawn to the practice of law, and specifically, the courtroom. As she watched her grandfather serve as a highly regarded judge in the small town of Taylorville, Illinois, Lindsay grew most interested in those cases involving personal injury. Lindsay’s involvement with legal debate organizations started early and continued through her secondary education at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Subsequently, Lindsay’s passion for the law, coupled with her hard work ethic, helped her achieve her dream of graduating from St. Louis University School of Law.
While a summer law clerk, Lindsay was part of a trial team that obtained the highest plaintiff’s verdict in Camden County, Missouri. Due to her extensive trial advocacy training throughout her law school career, Lindsay was selected to join one of the premier defense firms in Missouri. Not very long after, however, Lindsay realized that representing insurance companies was not what she wanted to do with her training. Instead, she joined a firm where she was able to protect the injured and their families. Her tireless dedication to her injured clients has led to a $1.3 million dollar award against MoDot and over $12 million dollars in settlements. In 2009, Lindsay was inducted into The Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an exclusive group of trial attorneys composed of less than 1% of attorneys nationwide. In 2011, Lindsay obtained a unanimous plaintiff’s verdict in a Madison County, Illinois animal attack case.
Lindsay’s fight for the injured continues today as she is now part of the injury team at Tapella & Eberspacher LLC. She devotes 100% of her time and skills to the practice of personal injury law. Lindsay is proud to be a part of a group that treats every client like family and every case as if it’s the only case. Each day, Lindsay uses her advocacy skills to ensure that her client’s don’t fall victim to corporate greed and bullying. Currently, Lindsay represents those injured in the following types of cases: tractor trailer accidents, car accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, taxi accidents, bus accidents, bicycle accidents, boat and barge accidents, medical malpractice, airplane crashes, slip and falls, premises liability, defective products, dangerous drugs, burns, bad faith, animal attacks, and toxic exposure.
J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, MO, 2001
Health Law Certificate
B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, IL, 1998
Supporting Coursework: Speech Communication
Teacher’s Assistant in Speech Persuasion, published in course textbook
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Missouri, 2001
- Eastern District of Missouri, 2001
- Western District of Missouri, 2010
- Illinois, 2002
- Southern District of Illinois, 2003
- Central District of Illinois, 2003
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Missouri and Illinois Bar Associations
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys & Women’s Caucus
- American Association for Justice and Women’s Caucus
- American Leukemia Association
- Adjunct Instructor at Fontbonne University
- "Are Injured Contact Lens Wearers Really to Blame for Not Keeping Their Cleaning Solution Clean?"
- Drugs & Supplements, Harris Martin Publishing, September 2006
- "Don't Ignore the Dangerous Roadway Defendant"
- Women Trial Lawyers Caucus, American Association for Justice, Spring 2010
- "Definition of ‘Spouse’ for Personal Injury Lawsuits? Let the Jury Decide!"
- Women Trial Lawyers Caucus, American Association for Justice, Spring 2011